When we walk through a prospective home, we'll be looking at whether this is the right home for you and what - if anything - you would want to repair or change if you buy the home. This handy checklist will help as we consider prospective homes and determine the best initial offer to make.
|Home Interior||Below Avg||Avg||Above Avg|
|Enough room to grow|
|Convenient floor plan|
|Number and size of bedrooms|
|Number and size of baths|
|Kitchen style and functionality|
|Living areas fit lifestyle|
|Space for home office|
|Basement (dampness, odors)|
|Closets / Storage|
- Do the current homeowners have pest and/or termite protection services?
- What are the property's fire and ambulance services?
- What schools serve this neighborhood? What are the schools' reputations?
- How is the home heated?
- How old is the furnace? Air conditioner? Water heater? Roof?
- Is the seller willing to give any type of warranty on the home?
- Does the home have a security system? What kind?